Senior Living in 10541 (Mahopac, NY)
- 10541 scores the same as the Mahopac, NY average of 69.
- 10541 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10541 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Putnam Hospital Center, Arms Acres, and Putnam Hospital Center.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Salem Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Stone Manor Twin La, and North Westchester Restorative Therapy and Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Mahopac Golf Club, Putnam National Golf Club, and Shallow Creek Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Donald J. Trump and California Hill State Multiple Use Area).
- There are 10 churches nearby, including First Presbyterian Church, Barton Charles R, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.44% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $117,293, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $103,244, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,130, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.98%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10541 has an average population density of 1,058.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.96%.