Senior Living in 10552 (Mount Vernon, NY)
- 10552 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the highest of any zip code in Mount Vernon, NY.
- 10552 scores higher than the Mount Vernon, NY average of 66.
- 10552 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10552 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lawrence Hospital Center and Mount Vernon Hospital).
- There are 52 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise at Fleetwood, Wartburg Adult Day Care & Home Health Care , and Westchester Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 100 golf courses nearby, including Siwanoy Country Club, Pelham Country Club, and Leewood Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Friendship Unified Free Will, St Peter & Paul Church Rectory, and Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,895, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,848, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,374, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.02%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10552 has a very dense population density of 11,940.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.05%.