Senior Living in 10553 (Mount Vernon, NY)
- 10553 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Mount Vernon, NY.
- 10553 scores higher than the Mount Vernon, NY average of 66.
- 10553 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10553 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mount Vernon Hospital and Our Lady Of Mercy Med Center).
- There are 54 senior living facilities in the area, including Westchester Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, Community Housing Management, and Wartburg Adult Day Care & Home Health Care .
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 98 golf courses nearby, including Pelham Country Club, Siwanoy Country Club, and Pelham Bay Course at Pelham Split Rock Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including 3Rd St Church of Christ, White Rock Baptist Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,697, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,740, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,685, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.43%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10553 has a very dense population density of 14,717.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.13%.