Senior Living in 10562 (Ossining, NY)
- 10562 scores the same as the Ossining, NY average of 69.
- 10562 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10562 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Stony Lodge Hospital and Northern Westchester Hospital).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including The Pines at Narragansett, Bethel Nursing Home Co, and Bethel Adult Day Care.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 120 golf courses nearby, including Hudson Hills Golf Course, Hudson National Golf Club, and Hudson National Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Teatown Lake Reservation, Van Cortlandt Manor, and Croton Gorge Park.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Star of Bethlehem Baptist Chr, St Paul\'s On-the-Hill Epscpl, and St Ann\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $106,365, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,028, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,087, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.13%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10562 has a dense population density of 2,306.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.06%.