Senior Living in 10566 (Peekskill, NY)
- 10566 scores the same as the Peekskill, NY average of 62.
- 10566 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10566 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Hudson Valley Hospital Center, Va Hudson Valley Healthcare System, and Va Hudson Vly Hlth Care System.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Drum Hill Senior Living Community, West Ledge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Cortlandt Healthcare LLC.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Hudson National Golf Club, Hudson National Golf Club, and Garrison Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Depew Park)..
- There are 13 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St Peter\'s Episcopal Church, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,257, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,675, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,886, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.16%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10566 has a dense population density of 5,391.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.24%.