Senior Living in 10573 (Port Chester, NY)
- 10573 scores the same as the Port Chester, NY average of 65.
- 10573 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10573 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including New York United Hosp Med Ctr, Rye Hospital Center, and Winifred Masterson Burke Rehabilitation Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including King Street Rehab, Port Chester Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre, and Atria Rye Brook.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 115 golf courses nearby, including Doral Golf Club, The, Country Club of Purchase, and Old Oaks Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Playland Park)..
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Congregation Kneses Tifereth, Our Lady of Mercy, and Parkside Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $109,897, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,795, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,441, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.78%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10573 has a dense population density of 7,003.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.24%.