Senior Living in 10577 (Purchase, NY)
- 10577 scores the same as the Purchase, NY average of 83.
- 10577 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10577 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 11 hospitals nearby, including New York United Hosp Med Ctr, Winifred Masterson Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, and St Agnes Hospital.
- There are 65 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Rye Brook, The Greens at Greenwich, and Greenwich Woods Rehabilitation and Health Care Center.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 54 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 296 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (12% of the total population).
- There are 160 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Purchase, Old Oaks Country Club, and Century Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Playland Park)..
- There are 116 churches nearby, including Memorial Community Church, Mt Hope Ame Zion Church, and Congregation Kneses Tifereth.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $398,411, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $197,692, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $68,119, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.16%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10577 has an average population density of 975.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.63%.