Senior Living in 10579 (Putnam Valley, NY)
- 10579 scores the same as the Putnam Valley, NY average of 79.
- 10579 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10579 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Keller Army Community Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center, and Putnam Hospital Center.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including North Westchester Restorative Therapy and Nursing Center, Chestnut Ridge Apartments, and Cortlandt Healthcare LLC.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 42 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 105 golf courses nearby, including Garrison Golf Club, Highlands Country Club, and Shallow Creek Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Taconic Outdoor Education Center, Clarence Fahnestock Memorial State Park, and Donald J. Trump.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Grace United Methodist Church, Barton Charles R, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.44% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $112,428, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $98,063, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,497, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.32%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10579 has a sparse population density of 264.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.82%.