Senior Living in 10594 (Thornwood, NY)
- 10594 scores the same as the Thornwood, NY average of 83.
- 10594 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10594 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Westchester Medical Center, Westchester Medical Center, and Blythedale Children\'s Hospital.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including Somers Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Crestview Manor Home For Adults, and Westchester Meadows.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 133 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 124 golf courses nearby, including Country Club at Pleasantville, The, Whippoorwill Club, and Canyon Club, The.
- There is 1 park nearby (Rockefeller State Park Preserve)..
- There are 48 churches nearby, including Holy Innocents Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Emanuel Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $127,342, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $106,847, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,170, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.23%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10594 has a dense population density of 2,042.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.79%.