Senior Living in 10595 (Valhalla, NY)
- 10595 scores the same as the Valhalla, NY average of 79.
- 10595 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10595 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Westchester Medical Center, Blythedale Children\'s Hospital, and Westchester Medical Center.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including Crestview Manor Home For Adults, Westchester Meadows, and Hebrew Hospital Home of Westchester.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 157 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 134 golf courses nearby, including Knollwood Country Club, Country Club at Pleasantville, The, and Pocantico Hills Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Rockefeller State Park Preserve)..
- There are 58 churches nearby, including Holy Name of Jesus Church, Mc Kinney C Guita, and Valhalla United Meth Chr Nrsry.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $118,308, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $99,922, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,465, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10595 has an average population density of 1,371.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.42%.