Senior Living in 10603 (White Plains, NY)
- 10603 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in White Plains, NY.
- 10603 scores lower than the White Plains, NY average of 74.
- 10603 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10603 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including White Plains Hospital Center, White Plains Hospital Ctr, and Westchester Medical Center.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Hebrew Hospital Home of Westchester, Westchester Meadows, and The Esplanade at White Plains.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 106 golf courses nearby, including Metropolis Country Club, Elmwood Country Club, and New York Presbyterian Hospital Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Christ\'s Temple, Woodlands Community Temple, and Union Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $111,703, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,278, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,606, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.11%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10603 has a dense population density of 5,180.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.64%.