Senior Living in 10604 (West Harrison, NY)
- 10604 scores the same as the West Harrison, NY average of 78.
- 10604 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10604 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including White Plains Hospital Center, White Plains Hospital Ctr, and Winifred Masterson Burke Rehabilitation Hospital.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in the area, including The Bristal at White Plains, Hearthstone at The Esplanade, and The Esplanade at White Plains.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 224 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 139 golf courses nearby, including Century Country Club, Old Oaks Country Club, and Country Club of Purchase.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 86 churches nearby, including Memorial Community Church, Mt Hope Ame Zion Church, and Grace Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $134,350, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $81,563, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,004, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.89%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10604 has a dense population density of 1,651.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.33%.