Senior Living in 10703 (Yonkers, NY)
- 10703 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Yonkers, NY.
- 10703 scores lower than the Yonkers, NY average of 66.
- 10703 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10703 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Yonkers General Hospital, St Joseph\'s Medical Center, and St John\'s Riverside Hospital.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Michael Malotz Skilled Nursing Pavillion, Sans Souci Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Westchester Center for Independent and Assisted Living.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Dunwoodie Golf Course, Sprain Lake Golf Course, and Montammy Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Untermyer Park & Gardens)..
- There are 22 churches nearby, including St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, First Westminster Church, and St Bartholomew\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,163, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,660, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,577, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.55%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10703 has a very dense population density of 11,521.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.96%.