Senior Living in 10704 (Yonkers, NY)
- 10704 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Yonkers, NY.
- 10704 scores higher than the Yonkers, NY average of 66.
- 10704 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10704 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Mount Vernon Hospital, St Joseph\'s Medical Center, and St John\'s Riverside Hospital.
- There are 65 senior living facilities in the area, including Community Housing Management, Westchester Center for Independent and Assisted Living, and Westchester Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 96 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Dunwoodie Golf Course, Siwanoy Country Club, and Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Tibbetts Brook Park and Van Cortlandt Park).
- There are 50 churches nearby, including St Marks Evangelical Lutheran, St John the Baptist Catholic, and Church of Good Shepherd.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,818, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,512, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,587, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10704 has a very dense population density of 11,293.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.81%.