Senior Living in 10705 (Yonkers, NY)
- 10705 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Yonkers, NY.
- 10705 scores lower than the Yonkers, NY average of 66.
- 10705 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10705 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph\'s Medical Center, St John\'s Riverside Hospital, and St John\'s Riverside Hospital.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including St Michaels Home, St Josephs Hospital Nursing Home of Yonkers N Y, and Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are no fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course, Dunwoodie Golf Course, and Mosholu Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Tibbetts Brook Park, Van Cortlandt Park, and Wave Hill.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including St Peter\'s Church, Indian Assembly of God, and St Paul the Apostle Catholic.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,162, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,564, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,468, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.41%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10705 has a very dense population density of 17,522.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.93%.