Senior Living in 10710 (Yonkers, NY)
- 10710 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the highest of any zip code in Yonkers, NY.
- 10710 scores significantly higher than the Yonkers, NY average of 66.
- 10710 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10710 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Yonkers General Hospital, Lawrence Hospital Center, and St Joseph\'s Medical Center.
- There are 76 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise of Crestwood, The Fountains at Rivervue, and Sprain Brook Manor Rehab.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 165 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 113 golf courses nearby, including Sprain Lake Golf Course, Siwanoy Country Club, and Leewood Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Untermyer Park & Gardens, Tibbetts Brook Park, and Palisades Interstate Park.
- There are 72 churches nearby, including New Hope Reformed Church, St Eugene\'s Rectory, and Midchester Jewish Ctr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,295, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,163, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,496, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10710 has a dense population density of 5,483.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.37%.