Senior Living in 10801 (New Rochelle, NY)
- 10801 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in New Rochelle, NY.
- 10801 scores significantly lower than the New Rochelle, NY average of 72.
- 10801 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10801 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sound Shore Medical Center Of Westschester).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Sutton Park Center Nursing Rehabilitation, New Rochelle Manor, and Schaffer Extended Care Center.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 97 golf courses nearby, including Pelham Country Club, Bonnie Briar Country Club, and Wykagyl Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Bethesda Baptist Church, Shiloh Baptist Church, and Holy Family.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,823, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,056, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,102, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.07%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10801 has a very dense population density of 11,948.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.90%.