Senior Living in 10805 (New Rochelle, NY)
- 10805 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in New Rochelle, NY.
- 10805 scores lower than the New Rochelle, NY average of 72.
- 10805 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10805 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sound Shore Medical Center Of Westschester).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Willow Towers, United Hebrew - The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Campus, and Glen Island Center for Nursing & Rehabilitation.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 101 golf courses nearby, including Pelham Country Club, Pelham Bay Course at Pelham Split Rock Golf Club, and Bonnie Briar Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Conregation Anshe Sholom, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and Parish of Christ the Redeemer.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,289, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,420, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,539, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.03%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10805 has a very dense population density of 10,674.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.68%.