Senior Living in 10901 (Suffern, NY)
- 10901 scores the same as the Suffern, NY average of 73.
- 10901 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10901 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Good Samaritan Hospital Of Suffern and Doctor Robert L Yeager Ctr).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Joseph’s Adult Care Home, The Promenade at Tuxedo Place, and Ramapo Manor Center For Rehab and Nursing.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Spook Rock Golf Course, Minisceongo Golf Club, and Tuxedo Club, The.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Provident Bank Park and Skyland Association).
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Reform Temple of Suffern, Sacred Heart Church, and Christ Evangelical Lutheran.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $119,667, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,542, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,204, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.31%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10901 has an average population density of 1,303.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.79%.