Senior Living in 10913 (Blauvelt, NY)
- 10913 scores the same as the Blauvelt, NY average of 84.
- 10913 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10913 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Rockland Children\'s Psych Ctr, Rockland Psychiatric Center, and Nyack Hospital.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in the area, including Tappan Zee Manor, The Promenade at Blue Hill, and Nyack Manor Nursing Home.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 58 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 108 golf courses nearby, including Broadacres Golf Club, Manhattan Woods Golf Club, and Blue Hill Golf Course -Pines/Woodland.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Blauvelt State Park, Tallman Mountain State Park, and Rockland Lake State Park.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Orangetown Jewish Ctr, Greek Orthodox Cmnty-Rockland, and Grace Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $149,212, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $119,049, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,255, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.60%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10913 has an average population density of 1,339.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.84%.