Senior Living in 10920 (Congers, NY)
- 10920 scores the same as the Congers, NY average of 83.
- 10920 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10920 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Nyack Hospital, Helen Hayes Hospital, and Helen Hayes Hospital.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Tolstoy Foundation Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Nyack Manor Nursing Home, and Sunrise of New City.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 53 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 110 golf courses nearby, including Championship Course at Rockland Lake State Park, Dellwood Country Club, and Manhattan Woods Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Rockland Lake State Park, Croton Point Park, and High Tor State Park.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Catholic Church, St Augustine\'s Church Rectory, and Temple Beth Sholom.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $116,213, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $95,300, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,411, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.19%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10920 has a dense population density of 2,048.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.39%.