Senior Living in 10921 (Florida, NY)
- 10921 scores the same as the Florida, NY average of 77.
- 10921 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10921 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr, St Anthony Community Hospital, and Orange Regional Medical Center.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including The Valley View Center For Nursing Care and Rehab, Hope Gardens, Inc., and Ellenville II Senior Housing.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Warwick Valley Country Club, Hickory Hill Golf Course, and Green Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including The Rock Sports Park, Good Time Park, and Goose Pond Mountain State Park.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, Lutheran Church-Good Shepherd, and Christ Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,858, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,226, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,978, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.12%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10921 has an average population density of 509.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.67%.