Senior Living in 10924 (Goshen, NY)
- 10924 scores the same as the Goshen, NY average of 74.
- 10924 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10924 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Orange Regional Medical Center, Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr, and Horton Medical Center.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Glen Arden, The Valley View Center For Nursing Care and Rehab, and Maplewood.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Wallkill Golf Club, Town Of, Orange County Golf Club, and Otterkill Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Good Time Park, The Rock Sports Park, and Goose Pond Mountain State Park.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Goshen United Methodist Church, Goshen United Methodist Church, and St James Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,799, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,801, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,630, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.76%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10924 has a sparse population density of 342.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.90%.