Senior Living in 10926 (Harriman, NY)
- 10926 scores the same as the Harriman, NY average of 76.
- 10926 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10926 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Doctor Robert L Yeager Ctr).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Smithclove Ira, The Promenade at Tuxedo Place, and Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Fac.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 87 golf courses nearby, including Central Valley Golf Club, Monroe Country Club, and Golf Club at Mansion Ridge, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Beaver Pond Campground, Bear Mountain State Park, and Sterling Forest.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Harriman United Methodist Chr, St Anastasia Church, and Central Valley United Meth.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $95,258, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,661, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,069, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.71%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10926 has an average population density of 618.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.00%.