Senior Living in 10927 (Haverstraw, NY)
- 10927 scores the same as the Haverstraw, NY average of 62.
- 10927 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10927 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Helen Hayes Hospital and Helen Hayes Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Northern Riverview Health Care, Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Fac, and Sunrise of New City.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Dellwood Country Club, Phillip J. Rotella Municipal Golf Course, and Championship Course at Rockland Lake State Park.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including High Tor State Park, Croton Point Park, and Provident Bank Park.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Harvest Assembly of God, St Mary\'s Church, and Haverstraw Gospel Fellowship.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,812, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,498, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,959, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.47%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10927 has a dense population density of 6,058.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.38%.