Senior Living in 10928 (Highland Falls, NY)
- 10928 scores the same as the Highland Falls, NY average of 75.
- 10928 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10928 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Keller Army Community Hospital, Cornwall Hospital, and Va Hudson Valley Healthcare System.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Chestnut Ridge Apartments, Cortlandt Healthcare LLC, and Smithclove Ira.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including West Point Golf Course, Garrison Golf Club, and Highlands Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Bear Mountain State Park, Black Rock Forest, and Storm King State Park.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Church, Cornwall United Methodist Chr, and St John\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,799, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,164, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,068, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.01%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10928 has an average population density of 766.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.62%.