Senior Living in 10931 (Hillburn, NY)
- 10931 scores the same as the Hillburn, NY average of 83.
- 10931 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10931 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Good Samaritan Hospital Of Suffern, Doctor Robert L Yeager Ctr, and Christian Health Care Center.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Joseph’s Adult Care Home, Ramapo Manor Center For Rehab and Nursing, and Fountainview at College Road.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 70 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 266 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 148 golf courses nearby, including Spook Rock Golf Course, Darlington Golf Course, and Apple Ridge Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Ramapo Valley County Reservation, Skyland Association, and Ringwood Manor State Park.
- There are 108 churches nearby, including St Joan of Arc Church, Reform Temple of Suffern, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,449, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,125, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,506, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.22%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10931 has a sparse population density of 159.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.87%.