Senior Living in 10940 (Middletown, NY)
- 10940 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Middletown, NY.
- 10940 scores lower than the Middletown, NY average of 68.
- 10940 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10940 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Horton Medical Center, Middletown Psychiatric Center, and Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including The Promenade at Middletown, The Eliot at Erie Station, and Highland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Orange County Golf Club, Wallkill Golf Club, Town Of, and Green Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Korn\'s Shawangunk Kill Campground, Wallkill Golf Club, and Deerpark / New York City NW KOA.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Mount Carmel Ch, Holy Cross Catholic Church, and Mt Carmel Priory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,930, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,280, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,495, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.94%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10940 has an average population density of 746.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.08%.