Senior Living in 10941 (Middletown, NY)
- 10941 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the highest of any zip code in Middletown, NY.
- 10941 scores higher than the Middletown, NY average of 68.
- 10941 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 10941 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Horton Medical Center, Middletown Psychiatric Center, and Orange Regional Medical Center.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Crystal Run Village, Fortune Road I, and Middletown Park Rehabilitation and Healthcare.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Wallkill Golf Club, Town Of, Stony Ford Golf Course, and Scott\'s Corners Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Wallkill Golf Club, Winding Hills County Park, and Pine Bush Bible Camp.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Harmony Baptist Church, Trinity Assembly of God, and Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,169, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,991, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,422, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.15%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10941 has a sparse population density of 430.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.22%.