Senior Living in 10954 (Nanuet, NY)
- 10954 scores the same as the Nanuet, NY average of 77.
- 10954 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10954 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Nyack Hospital, Rockland Children\'s Psych Ctr, and Rockland Psychiatric Center.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in the area, including Northern Manor Geriatric Center, Venture Inn, and St. Patrick\'s Villa.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 49 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 109 golf courses nearby, including Manhattan Woods Golf Club, New York Country Club, and Blue Hill Golf Course -Pines/Woodland.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Blauvelt State Park, Provident Bank Park, and Rockland Lake State Park.
- There are 70 churches nearby, including Grace Baptist Church, St Anthony\'s Church, and 22 Normandy Vlg.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $102,433, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,829, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,416, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.04%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10954 has a dense population density of 3,349.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.45%.