Senior Living in 10956 (New City, NY)
- 10956 scores the same as the New City, NY average of 78.
- 10956 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10956 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Helen Hayes Hospital, Helen Hayes Hospital, and Doctor Robert L Yeager Ctr.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise of New City, Crystal Run Village, and Friedwald Center For Rehab and Nursing LLC.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 43 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 155 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 112 golf courses nearby, including Dellwood Country Club, Championship Course at Rockland Lake State Park, and Phillip J. Rotella Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Provident Bank Park, High Tor State Park, and Rockland Lake State Park.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including Temple Beth Sholom, St Pauls Lutheran Church, and St Augustine\'s Church Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $142,313, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $116,213, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,907, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.16%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10956 has a dense population density of 1,948.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.51%.