Senior Living in 10963 (Otisville, NY)
- 10963 scores the same as the Otisville, NY average of 70.
- 10963 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10963 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Horton Medical Center, Middletown Psychiatric Center, and Bon Secours Community Hospital.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including The Carlucci Home, Highland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and The Eliot at Erie Station.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Orange County Golf Club, Wallkill Golf Club, Town Of, and Green Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Deerpark / New York City NW KOA, Korn\'s Shawangunk Kill Campground, and Wallkill Golf Club.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Otisville-Mt Hope Presbyterian, Holy Name of Jesus Church, and Mt Carmel Priory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,212, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,331, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,915, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.31%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10963 has a sparse population density of 339.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.33%.