Senior Living in 10970 (Pomona, NY)
- 10970 scores the same as the Pomona, NY average of 78.
- 10970 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10970 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Doctor Robert L Yeager Ctr, Good Samaritan Hospital Of Suffern, and Helen Hayes Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Summit Park Hospital and Nursing Care Center, Friedwald Center For Rehab and Nursing LLC, and Pine Valley Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 46 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 168 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 106 golf courses nearby, including Minisceongo Golf Club, Phillip J. Rotella Municipal Golf Course, and Spook Rock Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Beaver Pond Campground, Provident Bank Park, and High Tor State Park.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including Stony Point Presbyterian Chr, Trinity United Methodist Chr, and Seed Church of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $107,746, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,265, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,970, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.05%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10970 has an average population density of 725.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.75%.