Senior Living in 10976 (Sparkill, NY)
- 10976 scores the same as the Sparkill, NY average of 85.
- 10976 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10976 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including Rockland Children\'s Psych Ctr, Rockland Psychiatric Center, and Community Hosp At Dobbs Ferry.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in the area, including Esplanade at Palisades, Palisades Gardens Foundation, and Jewish Home at Rockleigh.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 57 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 210 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 126 golf courses nearby, including Rockland Country Club, Blue/Blue Course at Rockleigh Golf Course, and Broadacres Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Tallman Mountain State Park, Blauvelt State Park, and Untermyer Park & Gardens.
- There are 98 churches nearby, including St Johns Catholic Church, Macedonia Baptist Church, and Reformed Church of Piermont.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,636, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,003, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,023, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.98%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10976 has a dense population density of 1,966.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.64%.