Senior Living in 10979 (Sterling Forest, NY)
- 10979 scores the same as the Sterling Forest, NY average of 71.
- 10979 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 10979 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Holy Name Friary, The Chelsea at Bald Eagle, and Schervier Pavilion.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Tuxedo Club, The, Hickory Hill Golf Course, and Warwick Valley Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Abram S. Hewitt State Forest, Monksville, and Ringwood Manor State Park.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Holy Rosary Church, Grace Lutheran Church, and Our Lady Queen of Peace Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,187, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,654, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,415, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 30.46%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10979 has a dense population density of 1,602.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.92%.