Senior Living in 10980 (Stony Point, NY)
- 10980 scores the same as the Stony Point, NY average of 79.
- 10980 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10980 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Helen Hayes Hospital, Helen Hayes Hospital, and Va Hudson Valley Healthcare System.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Fac, Veterans Home at Montrose, and Northern Riverview Health Care.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 103 golf courses nearby, including Phillip J. Rotella Municipal Golf Course, Minisceongo Golf Club, and Central Valley Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Beaver Pond Campground, Bear Mountain State Park, and High Tor State Park.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Seed Church of God, Stony Point Presbyterian Chr, and Trinity United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $117,487, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $102,937, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,701, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.82%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10980 has an average population density of 548.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.10%.