Senior Living in 10984 (Thiells, NY)
- 10984 scores the same as the Thiells, NY average of 82.
- 10984 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10984 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Helen Hayes Hospital, Helen Hayes Hospital, and Doctor Robert L Yeager Ctr.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Fac, Summit Park Hospital and Nursing Care Center, and Northern Riverview Health Care.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 93 golf courses nearby, including Phillip J. Rotella Municipal Golf Course, Minisceongo Golf Club, and Dellwood Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including High Tor State Park, Provident Bank Park, and Beaver Pond Campground.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Seed Church of God, Trinity United Methodist Chr, and Stony Point Presbyterian Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $138,118, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $133,281, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,203, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.03%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10984 has a dense population density of 1,774.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.51%.