Senior Living in 10986 (Tomkins Cove, NY)
- 10986 scores the same as the Tomkins Cove, NY average of 86.
- 10986 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10986 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Va Hudson Valley Healthcare System, Va Hudson Vly Hlth Care System, and Helen Hayes Hospital.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Drum Hill Senior Living Community, Veterans Home at Montrose, and Bethel Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 48 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 162 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 141 golf courses nearby, including Phillip J. Rotella Municipal Golf Course, Hudson National Golf Club, and Hudson National Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Bear Mountain State Park, Depew Park, and Beaver Pond Campground.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including Saint Patrick\'s Catholic Chr, St Christopher\'s Catholic Chr, and Trinity Boscobel Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $133,405, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $99,815, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,463, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.98%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10986 has a sparse population density of 182.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.51%.