Senior Living in 10987 (Tuxedo Park, NY)
- 10987 scores the same as the Tuxedo Park, NY average of 85.
- 10987 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10987 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Good Samaritan Hospital Of Suffern, Doctor Robert L Yeager Ctr, and St Anthony Community Hospital.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including The Promenade at Tuxedo Place, St. Joseph’s Adult Care Home, and Holy Name Friary.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 78 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 204 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 148 golf courses nearby, including Tuxedo Club, The, Spook Rock Golf Course, and Monroe Country Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Sterling Forest, Ringwood Manor State Park, and Skyland Association.
- There are 71 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Episcopal Church, St Joan of Arc Church, and Holy Rosary Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $129,456, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,604, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $55,130, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.88%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10987 has a very sparse population density of 91.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.38%.