Senior Living in 10992 (Washingtonville, NY)
- 10992 scores the same as the Washingtonville, NY average of 72.
- 10992 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10992 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cornwall Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Emeriti Retirement Health Solutions, Smithclove Ira, and Campbell Hall Rehab Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Otterkill Golf & Country Club, Otterkill Golf & Country Club, and Storm King Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Goose Pond Mountain State Park, Black Rock Forest, and The Rock Sports Park.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Grace Community Baptist Church, First Presbyterian Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,079, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,196, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,993, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.50%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10992 has an average population density of 867.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.73%.