Senior Living in 10996 (West Point, NY)
- 10996 scores the same as the West Point, NY average of 67.
- 10996 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10996 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Keller Army Community Hospital and Cornwall Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Chestnut Ridge Apartments, Cortlandt Healthcare LLC, and New Windsor Country Inn.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (1% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including West Point Golf Course, Garrison Golf Club, and Highlands Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Storm King State Park, Black Rock Forest, and Taconic Outdoor Education Center.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Cornwall Presbyterian Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Cornwall United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $136,197, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $97,361, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,966, which is in the top 81% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.86%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10996 has a dense population density of 2,086.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.92%.