Senior Living in 10998 (Westtown, NY)
- 10998 scores the same as the Westtown, NY average of 77.
- 10998 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10998 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr, Bon Secours Community Hospital, and Saint Clare\'s Hospital/sussex.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Crystal Run Village, The Carlucci Home, and St. Joseph\'s Place.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Tamaqua Golf Course, Scenic Farms Golf Course, and Green Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including 84 RV Rentals & Service, Pleasant Acres Farm Campground, and Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, Drew United Methodist Church, and St Mary\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,953, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $92,500, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,546, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.87%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 10998 has a sparse population density of 167.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.36%.