Senior Living in 11001 (Floral Park, NY)
- 11001 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Floral Park, NY.
- 11001 scores lower than the Floral Park, NY average of 76.
- 11001 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11001 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Queens Children\'s Psych Center).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Plattduetsche Retirement Home, New Glen Oaks Nursing Home, and Queen of Peace Residence.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Towers Country Club, Douglaston Golf Club, and Fresh Meadow Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Holy Child Jesus Church, Our Lady of Victory Church, and St Hedwig\'s Rc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $115,454, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $99,974, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,692, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11001 has a very dense population density of 12,076.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.12%.