Senior Living in 11005 (Floral Park, NY)
- 11005 has a SeniorScore® of 82, which is the highest of any zip code in Floral Park, NY.
- 11005 scores higher than the Floral Park, NY average of 76.
- 11005 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11005 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Queens Children\'s Psych Center and Long Island Jewish Medical Center).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Parker Jewish Institute For Health and Care Rehabilitation, New Glen Oaks Nursing Home, and Little Neck Care Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (92% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Towers Country Club, Fresh Meadow Country Club, and Lake Success Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Alley Pond Park)..
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Bellerose Jewish Ctr, Lake Success Jewish Ctr, and St Anastasia Rc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,566, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,912, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $75,964, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.38%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11005 has a very dense population density of 9,815.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.66%.