Senior Living in 11020 (Great Neck, NY)
- 11020 has a SeniorScore® of 89, which is the highest of any zip code in Great Neck, NY.
- 11020 scores higher than the Great Neck, NY average of 85.
- 11020 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11020 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including North Shore University Hospital, Queens Children\'s Psych Center, and Long Island Jewish Medical Center.
- There are 126 senior living facilities in the area, including Little Neck Care Center, North Shore - L I J Stern Family Center For Rehabilitation, and Highfield Gardens Care Center of Great Neck.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 59 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 752 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 118 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Meadow Country Club, Lake Success Golf Club, and Towers Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Alley Pond Park, Fort Totten Park, and Cunningham Park.
- There are 243 churches nearby, including Lake Success Jewish Ctr, St Anastasia Rc Church, and Church El Renuevo Christain.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $189,322, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $136,379, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $61,626, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.50%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11020 has a dense population density of 3,011.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.58%.