Senior Living in 11021 (Great Neck, NY)
- 11021 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Great Neck, NY.
- 11021 scores lower than the Great Neck, NY average of 85.
- 11021 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11021 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including North Shore University Hospital, Queens Children\'s Psych Center, and Long Island Jewish Medical Center.
- There are 64 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Great Neck, Atria Cutter Mill, and Grace Plaza Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 272 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 102 golf courses nearby, including Lake Success Golf Club, Fresh Meadow Country Club, and Douglaston Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Fort Totten Park and Alley Pond Park).
- There are 84 churches nearby, including Young Israel of Great Neck, Temple Isaiah of Great Neck, and Shaare Zion of Great Neck.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $142,354, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $98,063, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $63,460, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.95%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11021 has a dense population density of 7,583.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.98%.