Senior Living in 11042 (New Hyde Park, NY)
- 11042 has a SeniorScore® of 87, which is the highest of any zip code in New Hyde Park, NY.
- 11042 scores significantly higher than the New Hyde Park, NY average of 79.
- 11042 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11042 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 14 hospitals nearby, including Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Queens Children\'s Psych Center, and North Shore University Hospital.
- There are 159 senior living facilities in the area, including Parker Jewish Institute For Health and Care Rehabilitation, The Bristal at North Hills, and The Bristal Assisted Living.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 102 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1092 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (96% of the total population).
- There are 142 golf courses nearby, including Lake Success Golf Club, Fresh Meadow Country Club, and Towers Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Alley Pond Park, Cunningham Park, and Fort Totten Park.
- There are 447 churches nearby, including Bellerose Jewish Ctr, Lake Success Jewish Ctr, and St Catherine of Sienna Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,781, which is in the top 90% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11042 has an average population density of 881.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 69.85%.