Senior Living in 11050 (Port Washington, NY)
- 11050 scores the same as the Port Washington, NY average of 80.
- 11050 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11050 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including North Shore University Hospital, St Francis Hospital, Roslyn, and Glen Cove Hospital.
- There are 90 senior living facilities in the area, including Sands Point Center For H and R, Community Mainstreaming, and Whitmore Retirement Solutions.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 205 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 141 golf courses nearby, including Championship Course at Harbor Links Golf Course, Sands Point Golf Club, and North Hempstead Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Fort Totten Park and Pelham Bay Park).
- There are 60 churches nearby, including NY Philadelphia Presbyterian, Chabad of Port Washington, and St Peter of Alcantara.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $158,121, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $105,118, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $58,925, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.24%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11050 has a dense population density of 3,020.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.20%.