Senior Living in 11096 (Inwood, NY)
- 11096 scores the same as the Inwood, NY average of 73.
- 11096 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11096 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Peninsula Hospital Center, St John\'s Episcopal Hospital At South Shore, and Franklin Hospital.
- There are 92 senior living facilities in the area, including Far Rockaway Nursing Home, Central Assisted Living, and Peninsula Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 346 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Inwood Country Club, Rockaway Hunting Club, and Woodmere Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge)..
- There are 199 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Good Counsel, Ellis Larry W, and First Baptist Church-Lawrence.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,975, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,803, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,517, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11096 has a dense population density of 6,828.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.32%.