Senior Living in 11102 (Astoria, NY)
- 11102 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Astoria, NY.
- 11102 scores the same as the Astoria, NY average of 69.
- 11102 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11102 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 12 hospitals nearby, including Coler-goldwater Spec Hospital, New York Hospital Medical Center Of Queens, and Lenox Hill Hospital.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including New York Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, YC Health + Hospitals/Coler SNF, and Carnegie East House.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 457 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Socrates Sculpture Park and Carl Schurz Park).
- There are 64 churches nearby, including United Methodist Korean Church, Our Lady of Mount Carmel, and Redeemer Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,720, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,249, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,114, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.25%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11102 has a very dense population density of 42,243.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.99%.